2/11/2014 2:30:08 PM
Chatsworth Products (CPI) will participate in several international events in the next few months. As a trusted provider of products and services that optimize, store and secure technology equipment, CPI’s global presence in key industry events is one of our top priorities.
From effective containment solutions, such as our highly flexible Build To Spec (BTS) Kit Hot Aisle Containment (HAC) Solution or the newly designed N-Series TeraFrame® Gen 3 Network Cabinet, to the new high-density eConnect® power distribution units (PDUs), we strive toward excellence by showcasing the latest solutions for the modern data center.
Here’s a list of a few key international events where you can find more information about CPI’s products and services:
- Technology Convergence Conference, Santa Clara, Calif. - Feb. 18
- Data Centre World, London – Feb. 26 – 27
- DataCenter Dynamics Converged, New York City - March 11
- BICSI Canadian Conference & Exhibition, Vancouver, BC - April 27 - May 1
- Data Center World - Global Conference, Las Vegas - April 30 - May 1
- 2014 BICSI CALA District Andino Conference & Exhibition, Bogota, Colombia – May 14-15
- Anixter Showcase - Dorval, Quebec - May 29
- BICSI Regional Meeting, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
2/3/2014 2:55:34 PM
As Chinese communities around the world celebrate the annual Spring Festival, or the Chinese New Year, Chatsworth Products (CPI) also has much to celebrate.
This February marks two years since we opened a new office in Shanghai. Our new facility in the APAC region offers our customers in the region a complete CPI experience with a showroom, training center, conference rooms and more. Our team in China has had many successes, including helping Shanghai Tobacco's data center become a model for sustainability.
This facility embodies what CPI does best: to provide high-quality products and services to delight our customers. And while our staff members in China break to celebrate the new Year of the Horse, here are some facts about this millennial event:
- People born in the the Year of the Horse are believed to be active and independent like a horse. Successful businesses should act like the horse: Persevere in the face of any obstacles.
- CPI was founded in July of 1991, the year of the Sheep.
- The Spring Festival lasts 15 days. On the first day, people set off fireworks and firecrackers to scare evil spirits away and welcome good fortunes.
- A new haircut on the New Year is believed to stop evil spirits from recognizing the person and following them into the new year.
- The second day of the New Year is the birth of all dogs, so people honor them with special treats.
- Most of the decorations and garments are red, which symbolizes fire and is believed to keep away evil spirits.
- If you were born in the year of the Horse, your best partners are those who were born in the years of the Tiger, Goat or Dog. Rabbits and Pigs are best matches for those born in the year of the Sheep.
From all of us at CPI, “Kung Hei Fat Choi!” (May you have good fortune!)
11/11/2013 2:30:40 PM
If you’re looking to improve efficiency and reduce your data center costs, then you should attend Anixter’s Data Centre Infrastructure Summit on 13 Nov. from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. GMT.
Learn about the latest trends, technologies, and best practices for data centers, and see what the market’s best, most secure and efficient solutions are. Chatsworth Products (CPI) will be showcasing its pioneering Aisle Containment Solutions and the new eConnect™ line of PDUs, as well as useful videos and product resources.
Interact with CPI’s experts, who will be available on live chat to answer questions and help you reach your goals.
Registration is free, and you can attend from the comfort of your chair.
11/8/2013 8:00:00 AM
Chatsworth Products (CPI) will highlight the power of its eConnect™ PDU line at the DatacenterDynamics Converged Toronto, to be held at the Allstream Centre on Nov. 13.
CPI's eConnect PDUs are a new generation of intelligent power distribution products that connect you to your evolving enterprise data center. Designed to withstand the heat loads of any hot aisle environment and available in more than 160 standard configurations, eConnect PDUs are UL Listed in the United States and Canada, and CE marked for use in the European Union.
“We carefully engineered eConnect PDUs so that they have the highest ambient temperature in the market (65C/149F) and are easily integrated into any industry DCIM or software, in addition to featuring a low-profile design and top-notch reliability,” says Anderson Hungria, CPI’s senior product manager for Power and Electronics.
Other benefits of CPI’s eConnect PDUs include:
- One of the market’s shortest lead times
- Capacity from 1.4kW to 23kW per PDU
- IP Consolidation up to 20 PDUs
For more information about CPI’s eConnect PDUs, visit the product web page here.
DatacenterDynamics Converged Toronto will focus on virtualization, cloud infrastructure architectures, DCIM, IT automation and capacity planning, among other key topics.
10/22/2013 8:00:00 AM
Some of the brightest minds in IT will gather in Cancun, Mexico, for Cisco Live 2013, to be held Nov. 5-7 at the Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort Cancun.
Chatsworth Products (CPI) will highlight its innovative Passive Cooling Solutions -- the most cost-effective and cooling-effective thermal management solution on the market. The ability to isolate, redirect and recycle hot exhaust air has revolutionized the idea of “free cooling” within the data center.
Victor Bañuelos, CPI’s Technical Manager for Latin America, will give a presentation and answer questions about Passive Cooling at the Cisco Campus Theater on Wednesday, Nov. 6 at 1:00 p.m.
CPI will showcase a Hot Aisle Containment (HAC) solution, which includes six F-Series and N-Series TeraFrame® and GF-Series GlobalFrame®, as well as all the accessories. Cisco’s on-site Network Operations Center (NOC) will be contained inside the HAC.
Throughout the event, attendees will also be able to view CPI’s eConnect PDUs and MegaFrame® Cabinets being used to house some of Cisco’s equipment. Made of anodized extruded aluminum, MegaFrame® Cabinets are perfect for high-profile applications and major installations.
CPI and Corning Cable Systems will be at Booth S6 displaying an N-Series TeraFrame with Corning’s fiber optic cables and systems installed.
As one of the most popular colocation destinations, there is growing need for reducing infrastructure, energy and operation costs in data centers in Latin America. The importance of human factor in data centers and the challenges of the market in the region will be discussed this week during the Datacenter Dynamics Converged, to occur Oct. 23-24 in Mexico City.
CPI will be at booth 37 demonstrating its GF-Series GlobalFrame® Gen 2 Cabinet and accessories. In addition, Bañuelos will present, “Enfriamiento Pasivo o Líquido” (Passive Cooling or Liquid) on Thursday, Oct. 24 at 12:50 p.m.
CPI participates in a variety of industry trade shows, informational seminars and other special events throughout the year. These global happenings are a great way to meet the folks at CPI and see our products first-hand. To find out what is happening in your area, contact your local CPI Sales Manager.
10/11/2013 12:14:46 PM
Last year, IT investment growth in Southeast Asia was higher than in any other region, according to a DCD Intelligence APAC report. The APAC region will be the central stage of two DatacenterDynamics Converged events, to be held on Oct. 24 in Singapore and on Dec. 12 in Beijing.
Individuals, businesses and government agencies interested in cutting-edge data center products and solutions will have the opportunity to interact with Chatsworth Products’ (CPI) F-Series TeraFrame® Gen 3 Cabinet System. The third generation TeraFrame features an enhanced frame design, new sizes and panels, easier rail adjustment and smarter airflow management. TeraFrame will be featured in Glacier White, CPI's new standard color.
Additionally, a line-up of international speakers, expert panels and best-practice case studies will provide industry leaders with valuable insight into the data center industry in the region.
Another highlight of the event in Singapore will be Starline Track Busway's booth, where attendees will be able to see CPI's 7' Two-Post Standard Rack being used to mount the company's busbar project.
CPI is always ready to help you in your data center projects, wherever they may be. Don’t hesitate in contacting our regional technical experts, who can assist you in selecting the right CPI products to meet your needs.
10/9/2013 2:06:29 PM
October is Employee Ownership Month and Chatsworth Products Inc. (CPI) is proud to have retained a successful Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) structure throughout the years. This unique culture is both inspiring and rewarding. As company owners, our core values are based on shared risks, responsibility, and accountability. Our pride of ownership and the mutual trust and and respect we feel for one another is reflected in the company's motto: "We're All in This Together."
Here are 10 Facts about ESOPs and CPI:
10. Employees only receive their first stock allocation after they have been employed for a complete plan year AND worked at least 1,000 hours in that plan year.
9. Distributions of shares occur after employees have terminated from the company as a fully vested employee in accordance with the Distribution Policy.
8. CPI has three manufacturing plants in the United States located in Chatsworth, Calif., New Bern, N.C., and Georgetown, Texas; and office locations in Canada, Latin America, EMEA and APAC regions. Go here to contact a representative in your area.
7. ESOPs are regulated by the Department of Labor and the Internal Revenue Service.
6. There are more almost 11,000 ESOP companies in the United States today, covering 10.3 million employees.
5. CPI sustains a long-term 100% employee-owned structure by being a profitable, flexible and efficient business.
4. The ESOP concept was created by Louis Kelso, an economist, corporate lawyer, author and banker.
3. CPI is in the select 30% to 40% of all ESOPs that are 100% employee-owned.
2. The ESOP concept was developed in 1956.
1. CPI’s Core Purpose is “To Delight the Customer.”
Here's a quick video of this great company!
Have you ever been an ESOP participant? If so, then share your experience with us in the comment box below.
Raissa Carey, eContent Specialist